East Lawrence Elementary kindergarten classes received a special visit from Moulton Veterinary Hospital on Oct. 10 in observance of Community Helpers Week. ELES teacher Sandi Moreland said the school observes Community Helpers Week annually, and organizers began seeking speakers for the students last year. Dr. Justin Lee, with Moulton Veterinary, surprised kindergartners by bringing along his blue heeler, Annie. “The kiddos loved it,” Moreland said. “We are trying to teach the kids that there are tons of opportunities out there, and we want to show them that the jobs can be fun!” Dr. Lee and Annie are pictured above with Mrs. Moreland’s kindergarten class. Plans for a career fair with at least 10 local businesses and industries are in motion for next year’s Community Helpers Week at East Lawrence Elementary.
- Police: Broom-wielding clerk fights off Alabama thief
- Georgia prepares to execute man for store clerk's killing
- Giants hire Gabe Kapler as manager to replace Bruce Bochy
- Evansville stuns No. 1 Kentucky at Rupp Arena, 67-64
- Court rules against warrantless searches of phones, laptops
- Colin Kaepernick plans to audition for NFL teams on Saturday
- Shildt wins NL Manager of the Year days after mom's death
- USC campus left shaken by 9 student deaths since August
- Monday morning fire claims Caddo home
- Lawrence school on failing list faces big challenge
- Dixie Deals opens in Moulton
- Moulton teen reunited with family
- East Lawrence Elementary has visitor for Community Helpers Week
- Joe Wheeler EMC moves forward with internet plan
- Christmas preparations begin for Lawrence County
- No injuries in Friday house fire
- Water superintendent pushes for system study in Moulton
- Military offers many options; these are only a few of them
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
PLEASE NOTEThe Moulton Advertiser E-edition is now only available to Print Subscribers at no additional charge. In order to access the E-Edition you will have to Register on our website by creating an E-Edition Account: Click Here To Sign Up Once you have created on E-Edition account and are logged in, you will need to enter your Print Subscription account number to validate your account. Validation is a one-time process. To view the E-Edition after validation, simply log back into our website by using the E-Edition account information that you created. If you do not know your Print Subscription Account number please contact
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!