An annual Countywide Cleanup Day, hosted by Lawrence County Solid Waste and sponsored by Alabama People Against a Littered State (ALPALS), is happening the week of June 21 through June 27.
County commissioners said trash bags will be available at local city halls throughout the county and at the Solid Waste Department for volunteers who wish to participate. Trash bags will be available for pickup beginning June 15.
“Please do not leave bags on the roadside,” a post on the Lawrence County Commission Facebook page states.
Volunteers who pick up trash along county roadways during the cleanup event are asked to dispose of filled bags at the county’s landfill on County Road 418 in Hillsboro.
Dumpsters will also be placed at:
• Mt. Hope Senior Center at 3142 County Road 460
• Hatton Park at County Road 236 in Town Creek
• Hillsboro City Hall at 11355 Main Street
• Red Bank Park at 210 County Road 528 in Town Creek
• Across from North Courtland City Hall on Jesse Jackson Parkway
• Roy Coffee Park at 3581 Jefferson Street in Courtland
• Lawrence County Solid Waste at 680 Gordon Drive in Moulton
• Town Creek Park on County Road 265
• Wiggins Grocery at 3435 Alabama 157 in Danville
Items that cannot be accepted for disposal at county dumpsters include hazardous waste, paint, propane tanks, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, anything containing Freon, and no coolant fluorocarbons.
An announcement from Solid Waste asks participants and county residents not to leave any trash on the ground around the dumpsters. If dumpsters are full at the time of disposal, volunteers are asked to discard waste at another dumpster site in the county.
For more information, call the Lawrence County Solid Waste Department at 256-974-2573.